Thursday, May 21, 2009

One-Minute Talk Revised

My name is Ashley. Before this class I didn't know what anthropology was. I surely didn't think it was important because I avoided it. I made my LC choice by making sure my block didn't have anthropology in it. The first day of class, I still didn't understand anthropology. The class introduction left me intrigued but puzzled. Then, the first reading assignment cleared things up. I learned a lot about culture. My favorite concept in this course was gender. Perhaps it was because I had a group presentation on that chapter but I just really enjoyed it. I never heard of matriarchical socities. The enthnography in the other book was also interesting. The society described, where there were no fathers, was alien to me.

1 comment:

  1. Thx for all you said, all you didn't say and for being true to all that. You contributed to the class in ways I am clear you are not present to, but when you pop let me know. You really were a contribution to our conversations. You spoke up a lot more than I think you recall. So thanks for all you did and all you don't even know you did to make this class what it was for us all.

    ReplyDelete